Community Partnership Manager
Who is Plan X
Plan X is a mobility company focused on enabling humanity everywhere the ability to come and go as they please, wherever, whenever, with environmentally friendly, affordable and safe transportation solutions.
We are the cross road of work and play, effectiveness and environmentalism, safety and fun. We’re focused on making people as productive and happy as possible with the city in which they live because the majority of transportation barriers have been removed.
We are currently seeking a Community Partnerhsip Manager to support our launch and growth in Metro Vancouver. The right person is creative in the face of challenges, is adaptable, and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. As an early stage startup, this is a unique opportunity to be an instrumental part of a rapidly growing company. We are looking for someone that fits our fast-paced, yet easy-going culture and has a knack for “getting stuff done.” This position reports to Plan X’s General Manager of Vancouver.
- You have at least 5+ years work experience in business development, strategy, community development/affairs, communications, or government relations.
- Existing network in politics in Metro Vancouver is a plus.
- You have a track record of working and executing under tight timelines and high-pressure situations and can handle uncertainty. No two days will look the same.
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment.
- You are comfortable representing PlanX in front of community boards, stakeholder groups, and at local community events.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You want to get on the ground floor of a startup, are adaptable and capable of taking on responsibilities outside of your core role.
- You are a team player, creative and analytical with the focus and ability to meet targets.
- You take your work seriously but not yourself.
About the Role
- Build and manage PlanX’s relationships with council members, municipal Departments of Engineering and Transportation, regional bodies such as TransLink and Metro Vancouver, community boards, parks department, Vancouver Police, and other local agencies and departments.
- Directly engage policymakers and their staffs to educate them about PlanX’s business model and vision.
- Comfortable representing the company and thinking big picture and long term on how to build and maintain PlanX’s reputation in the city.
- Identify strategic opportunities in Metro Vancouver and help create and leverage the right public and private partnerships
- Create presentations, talking points and supplementary materials for the General Manager.
- Identify and participate in local community events to promote PlanX.
- Conduct market and regulatory research and analysis as needed.
- Serve as a communication link between customer support, marketing, and operations.
- Work closely with the General Manager to research or implement any special initiatives.