Who is Plan X
Plan X is a mobility company focused on enabling humanity everywhere the ability to come and go as they please, wherever, whenever, with environmentally friendly, affordable and safe transportation solutions.
We are the cross road of work and play, effectiveness and environmentalism, safety and fun. We’re focused on making people as productive and happy as possible with the city in which they live because the majority of transportation barriers have been removed.
We are currently seeking a General Manager to support our launch and growth in Metro Vancouver. The right person is creative in the face of challenges, is adaptable, and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. As an early stage startup, this is a unique opportunity to be an instrumental part of a rapidly growing company. We are looking for someone that fits our fast-paced, yet easy-going culture and has a knack for “getting stuff done.” This position reports directly to Plan X’s CEO.
- You have 10+ years of professional work experience in transportation, management consulting, political campaigns or similar fast-paced work setting.
- You have at least 5 years experience leading a teams of 5-10 people.
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines.
- You are comfortable representing PlanX in front of community boards and other stakeholder groups.
- You want to get in at the ground floor of a startup and are capable of taking on responsibilities outside of your core role.
- You bring high energy and motivational leadership with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions.
- You have experience navigating city and state regulatory structures.
- You take your work seriously but not yourself.
About the Role
- Be accountable for all aspects of running the Metro Vancouver market.
- Directly manage a team of managers across a variety of levels (Fleet Operations, 3rd party Fleet Maintenance, Community Affairs, Customer Service).
- Lead the market strategy and create and execute initiatives to achieve them.
- Create PlanX’s relationships strategy with a variety of local and regional agencies.
- Directly engage policymakers and their staffs to educate them about PlanX’s business model and vision as needed.
- Build out, inspire, and be accountable to a large workforce of associates and managers.
- Monitor Vancouver’s overall KPIs and ensure growth and success of PlanX.